Do you remember the last time you went out shopping? Probably you might not, but do you remember the last you opened a shopping app on your phone. We’re that won’t be difficult to remember. People are moving towards the online purchase and with that online shopping app development is gaining popularity day by day.
No wonder, in the coming future the market for online shopping stores would be going to rise and the consumers would be making online purchases. If you are an ecommerce business then it is high time to develop a user-friendly mobile app so that customers can do e-purchasing. in the New Year season, and a third of these purchases were made through mobile devices.
We have got you some key insights on how to create a user-friendly mobile app for online purchases to make your business profitable and successful.
Why invest in building a User-friendly app for an online purchase?
- Spontaneous Shopping Impulse
Google studies say that more than 80% of online purchases are triggered by spontaneous impulse. To overcome this, customers need an online store app as they cannot visit the physical store anytime.
- Easy Peasy and Fun
Customers love the user-friendly mobile apps because these services make online shopping easy, interactive and fun. Customers can shop with just making few clicks on their smartphones, save products they like in wish lists, keep updated with the new arrivals and trends, window shop just for fun, order gifts for friends and family online and many more.
- Digital Presence
Investing in online purchase app development is no more an add on but it has become a necessity as the world going digital and shopping habits of consumers are changing. In top cities, people are even buying groceries online. To move forward with the changing world, investing in a user-friendly mobile app is a great deal to make which is going to get you good returns.
Many small enterprises think that only big enterprises can build a shopping app as its development cost is very high. This isn’t true. In fact, the cost of developing a user-friendly mobile app for the online purchase is quite comparable to the cost of developing a well-functioning website.
The Rising Ecommerce Market:
- According to Statista, by 2021, retail eCommerce sales worldwide are expected to amount to 4.8 trillion US dollars, hitting 365% increase since 2014.
- The ecommerce share of total global retail sales is going to rise from 7.4% in 2015 to 17.5% in 2021.
- The number of digital buyers worldwide will also rise by about 162%: from 1.32 billion people in 2014 to 2.14 billion in 2021.
These stats make it clear that it is important to invest in building a user-friendly ecommerce app.
It has been found that most of the people browse through e-commerce apps while they are taking a coffee break or while they are commuting. Since they are doing something else along with browsing through the online purchase app, it is important to create a user-friendly mobile app.
Why do customers choose Amazon?
Amazon tops in the list of a highly used ecommerce app. Let’s see what makes Amazon the perfect user-friendly mobile app.
Reading the case study for Amazon is like reading the bible on how to build a user-friendly mobile app for online purchases.
The first thing that makes Amazon Shopping App user friendly is the way they separate .com (US) and .in (India). Users can easily login with amazon.in to make an online purchase in India. Here, they also get some products that are specific to Indian origins. Also, discounts and sales are according to Indian festivals like Diwali, Holi, Independence Day, etc. This way Amazon provides its customers with the personalized shopping experience.
The user-friendly interface of the Amazon ecommerce app is designed specifically for touchscreen devices. With a huge range of products and a broad number of categories, UI/UX experts have done an amazing job to make it easy for users to easily and quickly find any goods from the catalog within clicks.
Research has told that in the US, users compare browsing the goods catalog on the Amazon app with a coffee break – for them, it’s like a way to relax and get away from work, it’s like doing shopping at the place of having a cup of coffee. Users browse the Amazon app with the mindset of window shopping but end up making an online purchase. This is because of the user-friendliness of the app, the way it lures the customers into buying by smooth functioning taking from home screen to the cart.
- Amazon ecommerce app has user-friendly interfaces and a laconic design so that a user needs a minimum amount of time to make an online purchase.
- When you care for your customer, the customer cares for you by buying more and more products. Amazon takes into account the interests of the user and provides quick customer service.
- Interaction is a must. When the users are entertained, they’d be continuing to use the app. Providing entertainment while shopping makes customers engaged. For example, when you get offline, Amazon shows cute dog pictures that engage users even when offline. The crux is that your service should be fun and friendly to use, with a lot many interactive elements.
- Creativity should not lead to complexity. Ecommerce apps should be creative in design but that should not make it complex in function. User-friendly interfaces with better usability is a much more significant factor. In the end, if your online purchase app is not good to use, you won’t be getting revenues.
There are several “classic” features that you can take advantage of during online shopping app development, let’s check some key features.
Key Features to streamline Online Purchase
Here’s a quick list of key features to create an MVP model of user-friendly mobile app for online purchases.
- Login/Sign Up
- Search Bar
- Shopping Cart
- Secure Payment System
- Product Review
- Online Chat
- Tracking Order
Top class Technology Integration
It is important to integrate all the advanced technologies that can be integrated with your online purchase app. Humans are driven by better technologies, we have become gadgets freaks and gather all the tech gadgets that make our lives easy.
Voice command technology (Alexa), AR (augmented reality), VR (virtual reality), IOT (Internet of Things), etc are some of the latest technologies that can be integrated with ecommerce apps as per your budget and needs. Integrating these technologies into your ecommerce app makes it a more user-friendly mobile app.
When a visitor first visits your online store app to buy something, don’t ask them to fill a lot of details, make it easy for the visitors to either log in with google or Facebook or as a guest and get started quickly. Most users uninstall the app when the sign-up procedure is long. Allowing users to browse your online purchase app as a guest and then ask him/her to create an account with the simple registration form or by with pre-existing google account is a user-friendly technique to attract more users.
User Friendly UI/ UX design
Creating an attractive but user-friendly design for your ecommerce app is one of the most important aspects to be focussed on. Make sure to hire the best of the UI/ UX designers with a good sense of design, color, style, fonts, etc. so that they can design a user-friendly mobile app for online purchases.
- MInimalistic home page with a necessary call to actions.
- Prominent placement of the logo to enhance brand retention.
- Categorized way to display products that you are selling that too in an interesting manner.
- Flash sales and deals display to lure customers into buying.
- Every product must have a description and 2-3 HD images.
- Visible icons for sorting and filtering.
- Reasonable and easy to locate the call-to-action button
- Use of harmonized color palettes to make the screen look good to the eyes.
- Proper placement of necessary icons and other visuals.
- Apply standard Tab Bar feature or the Hamburger-Menu so that the users feel familiar with your app since their first use.
- Smooth sliders and scrollers.
- Simple and easily comprehensible design.
- Easy and friendly to use applications.
Embedded Search feature
An embedded search feature is one of the top features of an ecommerce app. Users prefer to browse through the categories when they are casually shopping or just checking out stuff but when they need to buy a specific product quickly, they prefer to search, add to cart and order. This feature allows the customers to quickly look for a product that interests them. Providing users with relevant options when they search so that they don’t have to type full is an efficient way to provide users with a great experience. It is important that the search is fast enough and displays user’s queries in seconds.
The ASOS company implemented the feature to search by photos making it easier and faster for users. Most of the time we find some clothing wore by our friends good and we want to buy the same. For this reason, the feature to search by uploading a picture is effective.
Safe payment getaway
It won’t make sense if the customer drops off due to a difficult payment getaway. Ecommerce owners need to keep in mind to provide customers with easy to use payment getaways. They should feel safe while making an online transaction through your ecommerce app. Trustable payment options build customers’ trust and they feel safe making the transaction. Colors also play a significant role here. Green, blue is the friendly colors that can be used instead of red which is considered a sign of danger in general.
Friendly Feedback Feature
A feedback section is important to interact with your customers. As we know communication is a two-way process, feedback is the most important part of it. With this feature, customers feel that they are valued and their opinion matters to the company. It also helps the company in improving as per the feedback of customers. Feedback feature makes the interaction between customers and company easy.
For improved user experience, the use of Machine learning is very effective. There are basically two functions it performs for better UX:
- Product search – the machine learning algorithms can analyze a user’s previous search requests and re-order the results to give a user-friendly experience to this particular user.
- Suggestions – the machine learning algorithms can also suggest a similar product or accessories to the one you search for. It provides users with products similar to their choice. It also helps in pairing their outfit with matching accessories.
Integrating Machine Learning to the online purchase app really makes it easy for the users and can generate more and more customers and hence, revenue.
They are the building blocks of a successful chatbot. A successful chatbot that interacts with the user and solve the queries in no time build customers’ trust in the company. Customized intents have a defined set of training phrases and then a given response phrase. For example;
- Customer — Can I return my order?
- Bot — Of course, can you share your order number, please?
- Customer — It’s 1282458378.
- Bot — Thank you, I’ll just check that order. (simple text response)
Now, let’s take into account some of the popular user-friendly features of some of the popular online store apps:
It’s one of the most user-friendly mobile apps for online shopping on iOS or Android and benefit by using the latest technologies.
The application has a unique feature of ‘Sephora’s stories and product announcements’ or the “best selling” screen to encourage customers to make an online purchase. Women tend to purchase products that other women are purchasing so that they do not remain left out. Sephora has played their game hitting to this psychology of women.
Another remarkable feature that distinguishes Sephora from the rest of the shopping apps is a virtual try-on experience. This is really a great feature for cosmetic services. It allows users to try Sephora’s cosmetics using their smartphone camera and AR technologies, this way they can actually take a look at how would they look after applying the particular product. This makes online shopping for cosmetics easy and even preferable than offline.
Nike is a brand that tops in everything. Whether it’s about launching a new product or a new service of designing your custom shoes or launching a new advertising campaign, Nike is the best at everything. It is well-known for its user-friendly mobile app for online purchases as well. Have a look!
What makes it a great user-friendly mobile app? Let’s check out.
- The Nike application focuses on the visual side. Bright HD images look good to the users and keep them engaged.
- The first screen is of the ‘Discover’ section. This is the place to find something good for the users. The brand doesn’t prompt users to buy but just explore something stylish. Users find style tips about Nike clothes, brand news, or new arrivals and recommendations. When you meet a friend, first you have a friendly talk, this ‘Discover’ section serves the purpose of that friendly talk with the users.
- It’s always better when your app offers some additional value to users which they cannot get on the website so that they are forced to download the app. From the Nike app, you can not just buy things but also get early member access to events, new products, and more. By joining the Nike app, you actually become part of the Nike community.
Since our end goal is to increase conversions, the application architecture must drive the user to the targeted action most effectively and effortlessly. Each of his clicks should lead him to his cart and finally resulting in him buying the product.
The main goal is to create an online purchase application that doesn’t make it difficult for customers to comprehend instead allows them to make online purchases in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere. A user-friendly mobile app built with great design and functionality can bring upon a large number of users and raise revenues to great heights.
Feeling like developing your own online store app? Subscribe to Bluerang and find your right tech partner. We match you with a robust team of developers and designers based on your requirements to build a successful app that gets a million download on Google Play Store. Hire dedicated ecommerce developers now and get started with building your ecommerce app. We have a team of experts in building a user-friendly mobile app for online purchases. What are you waiting for? Reach out to us to gain more revenues and thrive your ecommerce business through a user-friendly mobile app.